This book "Burned" by Ellen Hopkins is narrated by this girl Pattyn. It is all about how Pattyn is living in a really religious household. Throughout the book Pattyn changes into a "dirtier" teenager. She becomes more attracted to guys and she begins to question religion. Although Pattyn hasn't made her whole change, she is in the beginning stages of going through a huge one.
One of the things that is changing about Pattyn is that she is now more attracted to men. She keeps saying that she is a Mormon and these things should not be on her mind, but that she can't control it. She says that she has unnatural dreams and thoughts. Another change Pattyn thinks she is going through is pulling away from her religion. Sometimes she questions if she even wants to me Mormon, but then she quickly pulls herself away from that thought.
I think that these changes are the base plot if this book. Like the whole whole book will be based off of the changes that Pattyn is going through. I wonder when Pattyn will completely change? I wonder if these changes, such as pulling away from religion and getting a boyfriend are the changes that de will end up going through. I also wonder whether Pattyn will change in any other ways.
Oh Georgia,
ReplyDeleteJust from reading your post, I can imagine how different Pattyn must feel from the beginning to the end. Sometimes, when I read a book where the character changes as much as this one does, I read the first few chapters over again to really see the difference. Sometimes I laugh at the character while reading the beginning again and say "ha, ha! Did you know that you are going to become famous?" or "ha, ha! Did you know that you are going to win the Hunger Games?"(That's from a real book). I think that you can expand your ideas more. You have all of your evidence from the book, but I want to hear your voice more. Great job, though.
Tiv