Monday, April 15, 2013

April Non Fiction Post- Blade Runner

        This article is called "Blade Runner". I found this article in a Junior Scholastic magazine. This article is about this man, Oscar Pistorius, who had a dream of competing in the Olympic Games as a runner.Oscar Pistorius was born with out fibulas which are the bones that connect your knee to you ankle. He has relied on prosthetic legs his whole life. Oscar is from South Africa. He has competed in the Paralympic Games and won at a high level. He is trying to qualify to competed in the normal Olympics. If he does qualify he will be the first amputee to compete in the Olympics.(This article was written a year ago so Oscar Pistorius has qualified to and has  competed in the Olympics already.)

         The author of this article (name n/a) wants the readers to feel very inspired by this mans dream.This is true because the author talks a lot about the fact that this man will be the first handicapped Olympian and how great that is. The fact that this is a positive tone makes the whole story a lot more inspiring to the readers. The author of this article also wants to reach out to any readers that are in the same situation as Oscar. The author wants to tell them that anything is possible. The author does this by displaying how this amputee man goes after one of his wildest most ambitious dreams.

        Something I will take away from this article is that this man's story is very inspiring. I thought his story was inspiring because he is not only helping himself by chasing his dreams but also helping others chase their dreams by setting this example. I think that authors should write even more articles about these types of things to help inspire our generation. I really enjoyed reading this article, I suggest anybody read it if they have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment