Sean is a very interesting character to me. He is interesting to me because he has a couple different sides to his personality. One side is the side that is laid back when an armed robber comes into a burger shop in the middle of the night. I feel like this side of him is the one who wants to rebel against his parents and live on edge, but can't quite make it there. He also has the side to him who is kind of clueless about what to say to a girl. I mean, he knows what to say, but in his head, he always seems to be wondering if whatever he said was the right thing to say. These two sides of Sean kind of contradict each other. They do this because the first side I mentioned is the side that wants to break out of the little suburban town, and maybe try some different more edgy things, and the other side is making more relationships or attachments to the small suburban town.
I think that the author, Lesley Choyce, purposely put the different sides of Sean in the story. I think this because if the main character has a few different sides then the story becomes more complex. If the story is more complex then the reader will spend time analyzing the book, which usually makes it more interesting and more intriguing to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment