Saturday, January 5, 2013

Non-fiction Post for January- Steve Jobs The Man Who Thought Different

This book is a biography about Steve Jobs written by Karen Blumenthal. In this biography Blumenthal discusses Steve Job's life and his road to his incredibly successful company Apple. The main idea of this book is to inform the readers of Steve Jobs' life. In the beginning of the book Blumenthal tells us where Steve Jobs lived as a kid, how he was adopted, and where he went to school. Further into the book she talks about the friends Jobs made in his teens and twenties. His friends were very tech savvy just like him. Then, Blumenthal goes on to talk about his college years and how he dropped out of school. Later in the book Blumenthal goes into the years that Jobs invented the Apple computer and how his career took flight.

I think the author wants us to think about how much Steve Jobs has had a big impact on the world. The author makes us think about this by explaining all of the times that Jobs invented things and how successful they were. I think the author also wants us to know that even though Steve is a very successful man, he is not the easiest man to work with. In the book she says, "He sometimes cried when things didn't go his way and regularly took credit for the ideas of others." In this sentence Blumenthal highlighted the problems that Jobs had in the business world. She put that sentence in for a reason, and that reason was to point out that he was difficult, and make us think that even the most successful of people have their flaws.

Something I take away from this book is the knowledge of Steve Jobs. I also take away the lesson that you don't just become a billionaire, you have to work your way up to it. I also learned that some of the people who are successful don't always have the best personality all the time, they're only human. My thinking has been changed because before I read this book I just thought of Steve Jobs as the guy who invented my iPhone, but now I look at him as a man who had a goal to do something great in his life, and he accomplished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment