The article "Facebook Fever" by Nick Bilton and Evelyn M. Rusli is all about how the popularity of Facebook is increasing along with the stock prices. This article was written when Facebook had just started sharing stocks. This article discusses a lot about how Facebook started out with their sharing, and how the company has a very high value. The authors talk about how Facebook has started out with a very high initial public offering (I.P.O). This article also mentions the man who painted the walls of an office for Facebook, he was offered 60,000 dollars upfront or a stock for when Facebook goes public, that stock is now worth 200 million dollars.
The authors want the readers to think about how Facebook has had much success with their company. The authors show this by including all the perks of their business and all of the great profit they have made. They also want us to feel like making a company go public is a very profitable thing for a company to do. The authors make us feel this way by only talking about the positive things that come when companies like Facebook go public.
After reading this article I have realize that Facebook isn't only a social network for me my friends and also many adults, but also one of the most profitable companies ever. I also take away that sharing shares of a business is also very profitable. I think that the way everything works in stocks is pretty crazy when you can make such a profit. I also think that it is pretty amazing that such a young man (Mark Zuckerberg) can make such a huge company and get so rich so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment