Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blog Review- Rosie Vasen

http://thebooknook13.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-perks-of-being-wallflower-2.html

        I thought that Rosie's post was very good. I have read this book Perks of Being a Wallflower and I thought is was a really fantastic book. After reading the book, and then reading Rosie's post I really agree with what she is saying. I noticed that Rosie's post did kind of question the character, and what Charlie is all about. She talks about how he really goes through a lot of struggles in his life. He absolutely does. I like how she refers to Charlie's life as "journey", because his life really is a journey.Another thing I liked about Rosie's post is how she made comments about the authors choices. She talked about how the fact that Charlie is writing to a friend that doesn't back makes you focus more on Charlie's adventure. I also think that this choice makes the story even more interesting.

        In this post Rosie also discusses how she thought that it was interesting how the person Charlie is writing to could know all about his life but not do anything to help. This makes me think about society and how we know about all these issues in society but we can't or won't do anything to fix them. I think that this post of Rosie's stood out among others because it really digs deep into what the author is trying to do. And it doesn't only do that, it also digs deep into the character at the same time. Something else I enjoyed about Rosie's post was her organization. Each paragraph had a focus and then they all came together in the end. she did a really great job!
       




1 comment: