This book "With Their Eyes" is about the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The book is made up of many memoirs about the 9/11 attack in the view of Stuyvesant students and faculty. The perspective missing in this book are the perspectives of all the people who helped "put out the fire". When I say the people who helped put out the fire I mean all the people who helped with the recovery after the attack.
I think it's great to have the perspective of the faculty and students at Stuyvesant since they were so close and really experienced the attack, but I think this book should have also tapped into the experience of the people helping "put out the fire" after the attacks. This would have been a good perspective to show in the book because it would educate the readers more about what really happened to the community after, instead of just hearing the actual events of the attack and how high schoolers felt about it.
I think that the author, Annie Thoms didn't include the perspective of the people cleaning up after the attack because she wanted to really focus on how the community was effected during the attack and how it changed them. Personally, I think that it would have been good to include the other perspective because it would really dig deeper into how the community had a hard time rebuilding after the 9/11 attacks.
No comments:
Post a Comment