I really like how Tina Fey is the author, and it's not someone writing a biography about her. I like this because she can add in what she was thinking, or what she thinks about her own experiences. This allows the book to be more comical. I think that even if someone else was narrating this book and saying the same things as Tina does, it still would not be as funny. It wouldn't be as funny because it would be someone else making fun of Tina rather than Tina making fun of herself.
I most enjoy the childhood stories in this book. One was about her getting slashed across the face in an alley when she was in kindergarten. This was pretty interesting for me to learn because I always wondered what those scars on her face were from. I also liked the whole section she does on all the things that she learned could be wrong with a body. In the book she says "I thought there was just fat or skinny." Then she lists all the things that she learned could be wrong with a woman's body, stuff like big pores and lunch lady arms. I though this was interesting because that whole thing about thinking there is only fat or skinny was in a part of Mean Girls.
I recommend that anyone who can read this book, should. I am almost certain you'll get a kick out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment