Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins

      The protagonist in the book Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is the character Katniss. Katniss is the protagonist because she has a want. Her want is to get through the hunger games. Katniss wants to get through the hunger games because she feels she cannot leave her mother and her little sister, Prim, alone in her district. In the story, there are twelve districts and one capitol. The capitol is the leader, and the ones who run the annual hunger games. The hunger games is a fight to the death between twenty-four children from ages 12-18. The capitol uses these games as a threat to remind the districts that they are in charge. The district Katniss comes from is a very poor district of coal miners. I think would relate

      Since the book Hunger Games has a protagonist, Katniss, it also has an antagonist. The antagonist of the book is the capitol. The capitol is the antagonist because it is stopping Katniss from staying home with her family, where she wants to be. I think that the capitol is cruel for doing these hunger games and keeping Katniss and kids like Katniss from their homes. I also think that Katniss's mom is some sort of antagonist because she is keeping Katniss locked up. Not literally locked up, but she is not allowing her to have her own life, she takes on no responsibility, so Katniss is stuck taking care of Prim.

      I think I could relate to Katniss because if I were in her situation I would be really upset with the capitol, and not to happy with my mother. I also think I relate to Katniss because I would not be one of the kids like from other districts who like to fight to the death, i would probably be more scared and urging to get it over with like Katniss is. I think I look up to her as a person (if she were real) because of the way her hope is changing through out the story.

1 comment:

  1. Georgia, i thought your blog post was great! i also read this book and i definitely agree with you on what you were saying about relating to Katniss.You made me sit back and really think i did realize a lot more about Katniss. I like your summary it's not too short and not too long. I also like how you had one angle and really focused on it instead of jumping around all over the place, like you were talking about who was the protagonist and who was the antagonist. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete