One internal conflict Jaycee is currently having is about how she is debating with herself over whether she wants therapy or not. In the book Jaycee says "I really didn't want a therapist. I felt I had come to terms with what had happened to me and I just didn't want to relive it." I do not agree with Jaycee's not wanting to go to therapy. I think that therapy is the best thing for Jaycee to get. I think that Jaycee is in some kind of denial because some people who have damage from something like this might think that they have overcome it, but really it will always be lingering deep down inside you if you do not get it all out somehow. I also do understand why she might be hesitant to therapy because knowing everything that happened to her I would erase it from my mind completely, if that was humanly possible. In the end though that isn't humanly possible and the best way to cope with it is to go to therapy. I hope that Jaycee does decide to go. Even though it will be painful to relive it, it is best, and she knows it.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
A Stolen Life - By Jaycee Dugard
In the non-fiction book A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard, Jaycee discusses her many internal and external conflicts. One external conflict Jaycee is currently having is being bothered by the press. Jaycee says in the book " The media was a constant threat." Jaycee is trying to deal with this conflict by getting a public relations person to talk to the press for her. Jaycee is also trying to limit herself from doing somethings in public to try to avoid the press. I agree with Jaycee's strategy of dealing with the press by getting a public relations person, but I do not agree with her idea of limiting herself to the outside world. I mean for a girl who has been in captivity for eighteen years, wouldn't you just try to ignore it so that you could have as much freedom possible. I don't believe that I can relate to her situation because I don't have paparazzi chasing after me, but I know that I would not want to have any limitations to my freedom after having no freedom at all for the past eighteen years. I wonder if she will ever face the press? She can't lock her self up forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment