Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Final Blogpost

          After creating this blog over the year, I have realized that I focus a lot of my reading on analyzing the characters. I gathered this because a lot of my posts are about characters and what I think of them. I think one way I benefitted from blogging as a reader is that I got to dive deeper into the book, it made it more interesting to read. If I did a post about the theme or characters, it would get me more interested in the book. This happened because I asked a lot of questions in my posts as I would try to find the answers in my next reading.

          I think that writing in a notebook is way different than writing online. They are different because your notebook is more private than online, more secure. I prefer to write online because I like typing and I feel like I write more when I'm typing. Writing online can be liberating because you can feel like you have "contributed" to the world with your thoughts. It's limiting though, because maybe some people don't want to put all of their thought out on the Internet, but it makes no difference to me. I think that some people actually are themselves online. They actually want to show who they are on the Internet, I think the people who do this are pretty self confident. Others, who create different personalities online, are just hiding themselves, most likely because they have insecurities. A lot of people might abuse the freedom of being online, but I don't think that is only because of sites like Facebook. People will probably want to say things anywhere online that are cruel, or that they just don't want to say to a persons face. I believe that this is actually an okay thing because I feel like people can get hurt more when things are told to there face. I don't support bullying either way, but online might be safer because it takes away the chance of physical harm. 

          Personally, I don't really want to keep up this blog or start a new one. Honestly, I enjoy just reading alone and reflecting in my mind, instead of writing it all down. My opinion of blogs overall is that they can only be really interesting if the blogger is interested in blogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment