Monday, September 10, 2012

Summer Book- Money Hungry

Over the summer I read a book called Money Hungry by Sharon Flake. It was about a girl named Raspberry. In the book, Raspberry will do anything to make money. She does this so she'll never have to live on the streets again. I liked this book because it really shows you the other side of things, and how poverty stricken people make it. But while telling a story about that, this book also focuses on Raspberry's school and social life. Raspberry's friends all have different stories ones rich and ones a food truck owner so on and so on. No matter what her friends or enemies say about her trying to make money all the time she always shoots it down. Se also won't stop selling things even if she gets in trouble with her principle. I think of her a a pretty tough character because of that because she stands up for her self and doesn't let anything stop her.

No comments:

Post a Comment